Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sew Shabby Chic!











 
 



   
 





 
Shabby Chic Pillows & Vintage Flower Basket

Spent the weekend sewing throw pillows.
  They all coordinate with each other so I can mix and match for different looks.  Made from scraps of fabric and embellished with bits of lace, ribbon and buttons.
Isn't it wonderful when you can turn a bunch of "this and that" into something so pretty!

I found the fabulous vintage basket from the thrift store last week for $2.  So shabby chic with it's soft pink paint and old paper flowers.  I love how the flowers have turned yellow with age.
So perfectly imperfect.

Linking with
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
The Farmhouse Porch for The Scoop Link Party
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Rose Chintz Cottage for HOME Party
TIMEWASHED for Blissful Whites Wednesday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
My Fashion Forward Blog for All Things Pretty
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Fridays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Craft Dictator for Craft Frenzy Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!
Nifty Thrifty Things for Nifty Thrifty Sunday

I WAS FEATURED HERE!
Knick of Time Tuesday

Rose Chintz Cottage HOME Party


16 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

How serenely pretty and dreamy. I so love pillows and cushions and always want to make them. Good way to use up scraps too. xx

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a fun weekend you had!! mixing and matching making the CUTEST pillows. What a great find your basket was

Carol

Alessandra said...

I can' t tell you which i prefer! The pillows are so shabby, so romantic...wonderful!!! The basket is just gorgeous!!!
Kisses
Alessandra

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Elizabeth,
I loved this idea so much! Years ago I made pillows similar to this but with old linen's.
Hope you're doing well! We just had a ceremony on Sat. For renewing our vows. It was really special!
I pinned a picture to my Pinterest board :)
Blessings, Roxy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, gorgeous and the workmanship and detail is totally unreal. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Tea in the Library said...

Well. Here I am,nose pressed to monitor, drooling on the screen. Weekend was well spent. Pillows are over the top darling. Making this post my Pick of the Week for What's It Wednesday, Have a great week.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I am loving your pillows! How scrumptious they all are. Love all the lace and femininity you applied to each one. Wish I could sew. Thank you for sharing your pretties at my HOME and enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Elizabeth, what lovely laces and embellishments on your pillows! It would be difficult to choose a favorite.

Debra

Jennelise said...

Beautiful cushions! I love the one with the pink rose :)
Jennelise

Lorraine said...

Oh, your pocket pillows are fabulous!! Love the basket rimmed with flowers too! I know what you mean about how you can make something so lovely from little bits of nothing, it's so satisfying! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh My goodness Elizabeth, all your pillows are absolutely gorgeous,
and to think you made them all from scraps of this and that is just amazing. You are a very talented lady. I simply love every one of them, so very lovely. The basket is beautiful as well.
Thanks for sharing your pretties with us.
blessings, Nellie

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

These are all so lovely! I'm featuring you tonight at the Knick of Time Tuesday Vintage Inspiration Party - thanks for sharing!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Just lovely pillows. Exquisite. Best wishes, Linda

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I featured you on my Facebook page as well here - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime

Kathy said...

These pillows are absolutely exquisite - love the materials, lace and ribbons and flowers :) beautifully done!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Elizabeth, these darling cushions are not only gorgeous, but are indeed 'shabbilicious' and I'm thrilled to be featuring them at Shabbilicious Friday today.
Hugs - Kerryanne