Sunday, October 13, 2013

Painted Mason Jar Vases




 








 Painted Mason Jar Vases

I have seen a number of painted Mason Jar vases as of late.
I've seen them painted in array of colors for weddings, parties and events. 
I just love them!  
I wanted a set for myself......  so off to the thrift store I went.
I not only found several old Mason Jars....  but also found a wire basket and an antique tole tray.
I purchased a hand full of cheap acrylic paints (.79 from Michael's) in cream, harvest gold, pumpkin, spice and brown.  I cleaned the jars and wiped them down with alcohol (so the paint will stick).  I painted each jar a different color.  Two coats did the trick.  After drying completely.....  I took fine sandpaper and distressed them a little.  To finish.....  I embellished them with bits of vintage lace, flowers and rusty metal leaves. 
They just happened to fit perfectly in the old wire basket.  I adorned the basket with a piece of tea dyed fringe from an old chenille bedspread.
A bit of this and little of that......  and you have a wonderful Fall display.
Total cost.......  about $12.

Blessings to all.
Elizabeth

Sharing with
Nifty Thrifty Things for Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Farmhouse Porch for The Scoop Link Party
TIMEWASHED for Blissful Whites Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday's
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
My Fashion Forward Blog for All Things Pretty
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Those are beautiful, Elizabeth. I really like all the sweet bits of embellishments you used on them, too. Very pretty display of them-xo Diana

lala said...

Your jars came out great - definitely going to do this. You have such wonderful Fall decorating ideas - I have already made the Fall banner for my dining room mirror and some small fabric pumpkins. The jars will be on a silver tray for the buffet. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas - this has been the easiest & fun holiday decorating for me ever!!!

Alessandra said...

The jars are so lovely with laces. Great job!
Kisses
Alessandra

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Elizabeth, I have never seen this idea, very cute! I am thinking of trying this, I believe I have everything already to make them. If they work out for me, you just may see me post it!
Blessings Always, Roxy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

These are just adorable and I love that basket too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love painting Ball jars--you did a lovely job with these with your little extra touches!

Unknown said...

You did a beautiful job on the painted mason jars. I love how they turned out. Thanks for the simple tutorial. Happy Pink Saturday!

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

So Sweet Elizabeth! I love all the possibilities with mason jars. Beautiful display.
Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

pinkkandy said...

very pretty
Hoping this week-end finds you filled with peace...alot of joy..and some coziness..

Kathy said...

These are gorgeous - love the colors and how you embellished them! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Kathy Penney said...

I love the colors you chose! Jar Crafts are one of my favorites. These turned out so pretty! Thank you for sharing at All Things Pretty.

Jennelise said...

Beautiful! I love the tatty bits of lace you have used. :)
Jennelise

Tea in the Library said...

I have not seen these before! Loving it!