Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pink Princess Dress ~ Vintage Tulle






 Vintage Pink Princess Dress

Vintage tulle dresses.....  one of my favorite things in the whole world.  
I absolutely love them!
I have a large collection of vintage 40's and 50's prom dresses.  All in pastel colors.  They remind me of cotton candy and sherbet ice cream.
These dresses are soooooo beautiful.  Most are hand made and one of a kind.  Frilly works of art.
This one is especially pretty.... with layers and layers of tulle ruffles, bunches of white millinery flowers and of course.....  it's Pink!
I love it and hope you do, too!

Have a lovely day!
Elizabeth

Sharing with
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Share Your Style Party
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!

I WAS FEATURED
HERE!


Pink Saturday!

10 comments:

Tea in the Library said...

Beautiful! You take the dreamiest photographs!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

These dresses are beautiful! I would have to say, hand made dress making is a lost art. So glad someone is doing it! This post would be great for my "let's Talk Vintage!" link party... in my second to last post if you have a free moment! :)
(If not, I post it every Tuesday at 9 am)

~Jill

LV said...

Only time I ever had a dress remotely similar to this was in my dreams. Never had anything this fancy.

ornate splendor said...

Just beautiful, Elizabeth! Love the dreamy layers and layers of tulle ruffles! Makes me smile!
Catherine

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Elizabeth, This beautiful pink dress has reminded me of two bridesmaids dresses my mother had which my sisters and I wore for playing dress up. I'm sure she must have worn them in the early 50s before she was married in '56. Oh, I wonder what ever happened to them? I thought I was a princess when it was my turn for one of them! Thank you for the memory! Linda

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, this dress is just wonderful! The frills, the color, those terrific millinery flowers - perfect! I've always thought vintage prom dresses would make the most wonderful filtered light window coverings. Then the more practical side of me says that the sun would ruin the delicate fabrics so I don't purchase them. I'm glad you shared!
Have a lovely weekend,
Robin

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Oh how incredibly girly Elizabeth! Love it's whimsy...so pretty. Thank you sharing your beautiful princess dress at SYS. Have a wonderful week!
XO Barbara

Heirloom treasures said...

Elizabeth,the frilly concoction is sooooooo pretty and those delicate pink shoes,ahhhhhh I always get the urge to make one like this,just to look at as I can never find one in the shops. x

Beverly said...

I love, love, love it, Elizabeth.♥♥♥ It must be so fun playing with all the beautiful things you have. Thank you for sharing, and for always making Pink Saturday special.

This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this weekend as "the one with the most clicks".

Unknown said...

Oh what a lovely dress. How perfect, indeed, for a princess dress. Or a princess tea party (can you tell I'm enjoying both Pink Saturday AND the Mad Tea Party 2015 ;) )

Have a lovely week,

Kaye
http://www.KayeSwain.com/tea-fun