Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pretty in Pink ~ First Day of Summer







Summer Wreath

This Sunday is officially the first day of summer 
(and Father's Day).
I can hardly believe it's already the middle of June!
Where does the time go???  When I was a child it seemed like summer would last forever.  The days seemed long and time stood still.  Now....  it just flies by!!  
I enjoy decorating and changing things out with the seasons.
One of the first things I do....  is change the wreath on the front door.
I couldn't decide on what sort of wreath I wanted.  Then....  while walking around the garden I noticed the hydrangeas and roses were in full bloom and thought they would be perfect for my new summer wreath.    
Along with the silk flowers I added some burlap and a pretty pink clip- on bird.  I love the dark pink roses with the light pink hydrangeas.  The pink lace bird was the icing on the cake.
I love it!

Have a wonderful week!  
Elizabeth

Sharing with
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Share Your Style Party
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!

I WAS FEATURED
HERE!


7 comments:

Sylvia said...

That is a very pretty wreath! Love it!

Evija said...

This is absilutely beautiful. I would love if you could come by and join our OMHG Wordless Wednesday Link Party.. Have a great day, Evija @Fromevijawithlove x

Ann said...

Such a striking wreath in pinks. Perfect for the start of summer.
Ann

LV said...

You did very well on the wreath. I never had a talent to create things such as this.

RobinfromCA said...

Very pretty!

Tea in the Library said...

Lovely wreath - and the pink glittery-lace bird is sooo cute!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

What a beautiful way to welcome in summer Elizabeth. Thank you for linking up at Shabbiness Friday. I will be featuring it at tomorrow's party. Hugs ~ Kerryanne