Sunday, September 1, 2013

Soft Pink, Paper Roses & Chippy White Paint













It's a beautiful day!  
Sunshine and 85 degrees.
I'm very sad that summer is fading and fall is upon us.  
I put off fall decorating until the last minute.
I want to revel in my pink and white as long as possible.  
I found this vintage statuette a while ago.  She was outside on the front porch.  I 'm getting ready to re-decorate (for fall) so I moved her inside.  She is so heavy (cast iron)!  I think she's beautiful and fell in love with her chippy white paint!  She wears a lovely halo (wreath) made with pink hand dyed gauze roses. She is perfectly.... imperfect.
Soft pink... paper roses... and chippy white paint........  a glorious combination!
I LOVE these gorgeous handmade paper roses!  The paper is hand dyed and dries in much the same way a real rose does....  in soft variegated shades of pink.  I told my Mom she could have them but.....  shhhhhh..... I really don't want to part with them.

Have a wonderful day!
May God bless you.
Elizabeth

Linking with
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!
Nifty Thrifty Things for Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Thyme for Knick of Thyme Tuesday
The Farmhouse Porch for The Scoop Link Party
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
Elephants and Ivy for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday's
TIMEWASHED for Blissful Whites Wednesday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
My Fashion Forward Blog for All Things Pretty Blog Hop
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday Link Party
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Obsessive and Creative for Craft Frenzy Friday
DIY Vintage Chic for Friday's Five Features
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!

I WAS FEATURED HERE

11 comments:

Heather said...

Just gorgeous, I love her also.

Jennelise said...

I love pink and white! I am always sad when fall rolls around and all the decorating in stores moves away from spring/summer colours and into oranges and blacks. :) Hope you've had a lovely summer!
Jennelise

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

She is beautiful and so are your lovely roses... Hugs, Beverly

Susan Clayton said...

She is a beauty! Such lovely pictures! My eye is always drawn to your link! It is hot here, too. It can be hot and humid quite late in the season here - usually go from AC to heat! Makes me miss Michigan where there the 4 seasons seem very distinct.

Martha's Favorites said...

This is just stunning! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Elizabeth, I would love that statue. It is kinda sad that Fall is coming soon, it is still very hot this week. I loved the phrase you used perfectly-imperfect!!
That is the difference in how God sees me and how I see myself...
I so love coming on your Blog.
I will try to post some pictures on my room and little cradle soon.
I always worry that it won't be picture perfect :)
Blessings to you always, Roxy

Paola T. said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Visit spare with much pleasure! You have a wonderful blog, I like your photos and I love your rose with those beautiful shades! A hug from Italy. Paola from
http://ilpaeseincantato.blogspot.it

~Michelle~ said...

What a gorgeous post and your little figurine is darling...HPS Michelle

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I LOVE those pink roses....so difficult to believe they're not real.

You have created a tremendously beautiful blog!

So beautiful, in fact, that I'm now not only your newest follower, but I went to your ETSY site and ordered 4 sets of gift tags! SO LOVELY!


Love/hugs/blessings,
Lana

Victoria said...

Oh my goodness, she is exquisite! I love your little wreath too!!! Love her chippy paint, it almost looks like some lavender color is peeking through!

I was so upset with Etsy that I actually shut down my account...never thought I would do that:( I was very proud of my great rating as a buyer! I agree, they're turning into Ebay! I signed up with Zibbet but they don't get much traffic yet. A ton of Etsy sellers are moving shop over there.

P.S. I'm obsessing over paper flowers right now too! I discovered a wonderful online shop that sells gorgeous paper flowers. I fear I'm going to get carried away and they'll be everywhere!!!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

the roses are exquisite and look lovely with the sweet lady - I'd have a hard time parting with them too - I'm ready for fall weather and decor - Christmas decor is around the corner - so I'm ready to enjoy some autumn splendor!
I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy