Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Roses & Lace





 

Pink Lace Shoe Inserts

I love vintage ballet shoes and have a large collection.
They make lovely, very feminine display pieces.  Hang them in a group, hang a single pair on a bedroom door, sit a pair on a stool or on a vintage bed.  So many ways to use them.
Because most all of mine are old........  I like to use inserts to help them retain their shape.
I made these from vintage floral fabric, lace and little ribbonwork roses.  I filled them with dried rose potpourri.  They give my boudoir a wonderful fragrance.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
Elizabeth

Linking with The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style PartyCottage Style Party
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Farmhouse Porch for The Scoop Link Party
Timewashed for Blissful Whites Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Adorned From Above for Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Party
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday Link Party
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Redoux for What Have You Redone Fridays
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

***
Marcia at "Gathering at the Table" is hosting a
Mother's Day challenge/ give away
Steel Magnolias Mother's Day Giveaway
Hope you will join us!

21 comments:

Kim Gillian said...

These are so pretty!

NanaDiana said...

Elizabeth-those are beautiful and making those stays was a smart idea. They help keep the shape and they are PRETTY! xo Diana

Alessandra said...

Not only gorgeous but also very original idea!
Kisses
Alessandra

Adorned From Above said...

These are so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. We love this post.
Have a great week.
Debi and Charly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the bling!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Beautiful! I just had to pin them!

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original linky party is open

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a great idea...They are adorable! I used to find them all the time, and never see them anymore!

Carol

Karen said...

Beautiful, those pretty stays are a great idea. I've been looking for ballet slippers without success.

Mom E. said...

So pretty! and a wonderful scent!
Hearts,
Betsy

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

I love ballet shoes to and this is such a clever and sweet (smelling) idea:-)
Hugs,
Bella

Pagnin Pamela said...

Hello, I'm from linky party shabby art boutique and your blog is a love, I enrolled, hello

ornate splendor said...

Love your ballet shoe inserts - great idea! I also love how you embellished the shoes with the lovely rhinestone jewelry. I did the same to my daughter's very first ballet shoes (age 2) - added vintage rhinestone shoe clips and now we hang them on the Christmas tree every year as ornaments! Have you seen the idea of saving your daughter's ballet shoes from each year, then placing them on top of each year's ballet photo - all in a row as the child grows? Wish I had saved all of my daughters shoes...Thanks for sharing. Catherine (new follower)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely, and your page is heavenly.
Happy pinks!
XOXO's

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Elizabeth!

Just love these pretty ballet slippers. I have a pair of my daughter's from when she was 7. Now, I know what I can do with them!

Debbie

Ivy and Elephants said...

These are just fabulous, and add so much to the beauty of the slippers!
Gorgeous.
Hugs,
Patti

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

These are just absolutely stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Very pretty. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad you entered this one too. Worthy indeed. I don't really have too many rules and I don't mind multiple entries one bit especially since it's such a quaint gathering. I am sure none of my guests will mind seeing all your beautiful work, Elizabeth. Enter away!
xoxo's
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I just wanted to stop by and thank you again for linking at the table. I'm really not a huge fan of link parties but I just wanted to share a gift with someone for Mother's Day.
Your work is gorgeous. I remember browsing through your tags a while back. I'll be back tomorrow to look a little more.
xoxo's
Marcia

Cranberry Morning said...

These are absolutely lovely! Couldn't find them at your Etsy store, but you have so many pretty items! I'm your newest GFC and Feedly follower. Hope you'll follow back.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Elizabeth, that is a wonderful (and pretty) idea about the little forms inside the ballet slippers. I still have my toe shoes from years ago. Not sure what I have done with them, but at one point, I had them displayed in a guest room closet I decorated. Love this idea.

XO,

Sheila