Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Angel in my Garden



  












The weather was beautiful this weekend. 
It was joy to be outside.  I worked all day in the front yard cleaning and decorating.
Everything looks so nice......  at least until the leaves start to fall.  
I love my little corner garden.  It's so pretty.  Such a nice place to sit in the morning and watch the sun rise or to sit and relax in the evening.  
The angel and the birdbath are rather special to me.  My sweet husband surprised me one day.....  he went to get grass seed and came back with them instead.  I love them both.  I filled the birdbath with tumbled sea glass and polished river rock.  They sparkle in the sun and attract the birds.  
I found the bench curb side in the trash.  I love the ornate cast iron arms.  Very heavy!  The wood was rotten and falling off.  My husband cut all new slats.  Some new paint and now it's perfect.
I got the peasant boy statue at the flea market for $27.  Love his chippy white paint!  He's huge and very, very heavy.  I needed something to sit him on and lucked out when I found the marble base.  Thrift store for $6.95!  It's a good 3 to 4 inches thick!  I think it was part of a bathroom fixture.  I think they look great together.

Sharing with 

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Nifty Thrifty Sunday for Nifty Thrifty Sunday

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your fall decor is so lovely. I love the bench with the straw hat, fabulous.

Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. I added the Inspire Me button to my sidebar. Thanks again. Hugs, Marty

Sylvia said...

So pretty and neat, nothing would dare mess it up with your angel on watch!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Elizabeth, I loved these pictures! It looks so sweet and lovely! I also loved those vintage soft pumpkins on your last post!
I want to try these! I also Pinned your Fall bench.
Love Ya, Roxy