Monday, March 17, 2014

Hand Painted Roses - Altered Art Project











Shabby Chic Bud  Vase

Last week was beautiful.  Sunny and in the 60's!
After a long and snowy winter and being cooped up for weeks....  it seems....  I decided to take advantage of the good weather and take a day trip.  Of course.... I ended up at our local flea market.  I found lots of great stuff and will be sharing some of my finds and altered projects.
I found a bunch of bottles for $1 to $2 each depending on size.  I bought several.
My darling husband brings me roses quite often.  Sometimes a bouquet and sometimes singles.  I have lots of beautiful vases for the bouquets but never have anything for a single rose.  This bottle is the perfect height for a long stem rose.
Not much on it's own.....  I decided to paint it.  I painted pink roses all the way around.  It was pretty but it needed something more.  I took sand paper and lightly distressed the roses to give it an "aged effect.  Then got out my bits and pieces box and went to work....  adding layers of hand dyed laces, hand made roses, scrunched ribbons, glitter and paper flowers.   
Now I LOVE it!
Because this one turned out so pretty.... I think a grouping would be lovely.  I'm planning to make at least two more in graduated sizes.  Sharing when I get them done.
Now my hubby needs to bring me roses!

Have a wonderful week!
Blessings.
Elizabeth

Sharing with
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday!
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday's
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Adorned From Above for Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party
TIMEWASHED for Blissful Whites Wednesday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted in Thyme for Simple & Sweet Friday's
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Etsy Cottage Style for Spring Surprise Party
Vintage DIY Chic for Fridays Five Features
 Craft Dictator for Craft Frenzy Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

I WAS FEATURED
HERE!

Make It Pretty Monday's Sunday Showcase


Pink Saturday!

10 comments:

Heidi Kay @ Muslin and Merlot said...

So pretty! Your whole site is pretty :-). Love the little burlap roses.

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

You did a beautiful job on your bud vase...the whole vignette looks gorgeous! Hugs, Penny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love altered bottles and yours is simply gorgeous!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Donna Wilkes said...

Love the altered bottles - a grouping would look beautiful. My favorites are the crochet doily roses.

ArtisticRomantic said...

Very pretty and creative. Love the layers of lace. It's a bottle fit for a genie princess!!

Heirloom treasures said...

Elizabeth,you made the bottle soooooo pretty. LOve the little vignette. x

LV said...

Lovely things. You did very well with your ideas. Job well done.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Elizabeth, it's so pretty and delicate looking. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/03/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_23.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kathy said...

The roses are beautiful - love this artwork! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Your work is always so beautiful, Elizabeth. Just saw you featured at Beverly's and ran right over.
xoxo's