Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday Wishes ~ Southern Belle Pillowcases












 Southern Belle Pillowcases

My birthday was Saturday.
I was 29 (again!).
My mother gave me the most beautiful hand embroidered pillowcases.  What a wonderful surprise.  She is  so talented!!  Her hand work is amazing.  I love that they are "pink"!  And.....  the lace!  it's almost 5" wide.  
Just gorgeous!!  I LOVE them!
Thank you..... Mom!

To celebrate my B-day......  my hubby and I spent the weekend "junk-in"!
Saturday we visited some historical towns along the Missouri river.  I love "river" towns!
I found lots of goodies!
My favorite item is an antique typewriter!  It still works perfectly!  I have wanted one for a while but couldn't find one that worked or that I could afford.  This one was a steel at only $25!  Antique typewriters are so beautiful!  I love the painted designs and labels.
Sunday we visited several local shops.  I have lots of wonderful treasures to share the few couple of weeks.
So.....  stay tuned.

Have a wonderful week!
Elizabeth

Linking this week with:
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up! Creative Link Party
Time Washed for Blissful Whites Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Adorned From Above for Adorned From Above Blog Hop
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Redoux for What Have You Re-done Link Party

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Happy belated birthday Elizabeth! What a wonderful gift from your mother, so nice that you share the same great style:) I'm glad you had a fun weekend! It's my oldest son's birthday today:)

NanaDiana said...

Elizabeth- First off-Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Secondly- I can't believe your Mom did those cases. I thought for sure they were vintage ones. They are gorgeous.

I found an old typewriter not too long ago too, it's a portable in a case and I just love it- my daughter actually found it for me-

Have a wonderful Birthday Week! xo Diana

Sylvia said...

Beautiful and they are so "Girlie" I love them. Your mother is so talented. Happy Birthday.

Heirloom treasures said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth. Your mum is very talented,your pillow cases are lovely xx

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Beautiful! Happy Birthday!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Happy birthday! I can't wait to see more. The pillowcases are just gorgeous. Your mom's handiwork is amazing!
Hugs,
Patti

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Your new pink pillow cases are beautiful. I love them! Your Mom is very talented. Happy Birthday!
Hugs,
Lisa

Custom Comforts said...

Your pillow cases are just beautiful. In all my thrifting, I very seldom come across beautiful pillow cases - probably because they wear out from use. I did find a lovely set that I use at an estate sale, but I've been thinking about trying to make some myself - when I have free time :)
Cindy

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Happy belated birthday Elizabeth! Wow! I can't get over those pillowcases your Mom made. Such craftsmanship! They are treasures.
Enjoy,
Susan

Annesphamily said...

Elizabeth happy birthday to you! Even a bit late! Those pillowcases are lovely. Reminds me of Sunbonnet Sue! Your mom is a real gem! Blessings to both of you!

J.Rylie.C said...

Belated happy birthday!

Please come and peek at my PINK.
Your comment is always a joy to read.