Friday, February 10, 2012

Final Touches..... my room is complete





My living room is finally complete.  Freshened up and put back together.
I used an old wooden trunk for a coffee table.  I painted it pink....  then white.  I distressed the finish so the pink "peeks" through.  I then hand painted roses on the top and little rose buds on the side.  It is a very sturdy (and heavy) old piece.  I store all of my decorating and "How To" books inside.  I found this awesome old wooden serving tray at the flea market.  It has  hand painted roses on the inside.  It was the perfect size to hold my vintage collectibles.  The last few pictures was taken before I hung the drapes.  The room looks so pretty.  I am so lucky to get to live with all the things I love. 

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It looks gorgeous and I love your little white over pink trunk. The whole room is so pretty- xo Diana

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your room looks lovely. I really love the vingette with the rose pieces and those clocks!!!

hugs

Sissie

Victoria said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! I just love the old trunk, it's the perfect size for that space too:)

Victoria said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! I just love the old trunk, it's the perfect size for that space too:)

Heirloom treasures said...

It's all so sweet,I love the little marquesite clocks. Infact I love it all.

:)xx jeanetteann

Char said...

Oh Elizabeth, it is with great pleasure to meet you. It's my honor to be your latest follower.
I am excited to visit your etsy shop once you have recooped from all your hard work.
Your blog is eye candy and I love what you have done with the old trunk. That is a keepsake that will last forever.
Please come by and pay me a visit. I do have two blogs, one for everyday and one is my biz blog.
I look forward to chatting with you and keeping up with all your lovely work,
Char