Saturday, November 12, 2011

Winter Wedding


From time to time I like to re-decorate my crafts studio.  It's getting cold and dark outside earlier now (I hate daylight savings time!).  So.....  I decided to brighten things up by bringing in the whites.  I am a long time collector of vintage wedding dresses, veils, head pieces, tiaras and wedding cake toppers.  I just love them.  For the most part I keep them stored away.  When I get them out and start going through things I am always amazed.  I forget sometimes what I have and it's like Christmas..... boxes and tissue paper everywhere.  I re-dressed my mannequins, dress forms and busts in vintage wedding apparel.  I decided to group the wedding cake toppers together.  What a pretty display.  I have a few framed antique wedding certificates that I hung as artwork.  I'm not done yet but will share pic's when I am finished.

3 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Sooo very beautiful... sigh... I love "shopping" at home too and finding hidden tresors I had forgotten I had... thanks for sharing... xoxo Julie Marie

NanaDiana said...

Oh- How beautiful! You are fortunate to have collected such wonderful pieces. I am glad that you can take them out and enjoy them! xo Diana

Donna said...

How pretty! What a wonderful sounding collection! I want to get a mannequin, that would so fun to play with:) Love all of the pink, too!