Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Be Mine ~ Happy Valentine's Day!






 


 









 Be My Valentine

These are my favorite Valentine's Day candy boxes.  
A wonderful flea market find.
I was instantly smitten!  I fell in love with the velvet ribbons and millinery flowers.  The flowers are tattered and the foiled edges have tarnished..... just adding to their character.  Both are dated 1909.  
If they weren't beautiful enough on the outside...........  when I opened them I got a wonderful surprise!  Old crepe paper ruffles!! that frame a vintage Valentine.  Toooooo sweet!
I use them to store both old and new Valentine's Day cards.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Elizabeth

Linking with
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple and Sweet Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day..love your vintage heart boxes..and your whole post is so pretty..Hope your day is filled with love and happiness..

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Elizabeth, Your vintage Valentine boxes are beautiful! Happy Valentine's Day to you! Gina

monah http://graciouscottage.com/ said...

The boxes and cards are so worth keeping. I appreciate your sharing.
monah

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Elizabeth, This is the prettiest Valentine's Day candy box! I love the ribbons and flowers too! Thank you so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.


Jody