Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love's Wishes ~ A Token of Affection














 A Token of Affection

Valentine's Day is a day for love and romance.  
A day to show those closest to you how special they are. 
I like to give little gifts to my family and friends.  For me....  the packaging is as important as the gift itself.  I used old candy boxes and tins..... embellished with vintage ribbons, lace and millinery flowers.....  topped with vintage Valentines's Day cards.  
   These Valentine's Day cards are very old.... dated 1910.  I love the poems and the graphics are stunning!  I especially like the ones that were previously given and have hand written sentiments.

Jour de Valentines Heureux
Elizabeth

Linking with
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Adorned From Above for Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop

1 comment:

Heirloom treasures said...

How lovely,Elizabeth. I do hope they appreciate the love that has gone into these beautiful tags. I think they are sometimes better than the gift. :) x