Friday, September 20, 2013

Summers End ~ First Signs of Fall









As I walked around my gardens this morning....  I noticed the first signs of Fall.
The late Summer flowers are in full bloom and beginning to fade while the Mums are just beginning to bloom.
I've planted a variety of perennials so I have continuous blooms from the beginning of Spring through the end Fall.  Sometimes we're lucky and the Mums continue to bloom through early Winter.  Soon it will be time to cut back everything and harvest seeds.
My husband built the wishing well a few years ago.  I just re-stained it.  When I applied the stain it renewed the wood and brought out the Cedar smell again.  Yeah!  I LOVE the smell of Cedar.  Sometimes I find that people walking down the sidewalk throw pennies in it.  I hope they made a wish and that it comes true.
He made the little "cart" from an old Coca Cola crate.  I love how it turned out.  I intend to use it as a planter box.
I noticed yesterday that the Pumpkins have arrived!  Our local grocer and plant nursery have some beautiful varieties this year.  White, orange and some awesome variegated ones.  I'm off to buy some for my Fall arrangements.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Linking with
REDOUX for What Have You Re-Done Friday
DIY Vintage Chic for Friday's Five Features
and
Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Garden Party

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I am ready for cooler weather, but then I love summer and spring in all it's beauty. It is sad to see the flowers begin to fade and die back. Then there's next spring to look forward to when all comes alive and there's life everywhere.

Have a blessed weekend,
Sylvia

janice15 said...

I love Autumn/Fall, the best time of year for me.. besides the beginnings of Spring.. I love the coolness in the air and I love pumpkins and fall colors.. have a lovely day with love Janice

Rosie said...

Lovely garden and it looks so green. We are currently in Spring, but it is so dry and hot.

Cranberry Morning said...

I just love autumn. But I wish the echinacea didn't fade. My cheery rudbeckia stay bright right up until a killing frost hits them.