Saturday, September 28, 2013

French Bleu ~ Favorite Things




   



  

Vintage Pretties

My new favorite color is French Blue!
It's so soft and subtle.  I've been adding small touches here and there throughout my home.  It compliments the pinks and whites and adds a pop of color.
I love vintage perfume bottles.  I've been collecting for years.  I've never seen one quite like this one.
I was initially drawn to it because of the color and love that it's hand painted.  When I lifted the dauber and it still smelled....  I knew I had to have it.  I love that it has retained it's original scent.  To me.....  that's what makes it "special".
I always wonder about the original owner.  I imagine a lovely lady sitting at her dressing table...  combing her hair, pinching her cheeks and adding a bit of perfume behind each ear.  Like in an old black and white movie.
So beautiful.  So feminine.
Even though I've said......   "no more"........  "not one more"....    
I just couldn't resist!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Elizabeth

Sharing with
Nifty Thrifty Things for Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
The Farmhouse Porch for The Scoop Link Party
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Garden Party
Rose Chintz Cottage for HOME Party
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday's
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
TIMEWASHED for Blissful Whites Wednesday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday

8 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

It's beautiful Elizabeth,I can quite see why you had to have it. I would have too. x

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

You always have such beautiful treasure Elizabeth.

Unknown said...

Супер флаконы! Чувствую аромат парфюма))))

Jennelise said...

Gorgeous treasures!!!! I love the pale blue bottle!
Jennelise

Curtains in My Tree said...

That is so pretty when I started collecting pretty items way back when I would see complete dresser sets with similar items as yours
just beautiful

Tea in the Library said...

I am completely charmed by this post. Thank you!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

It is a beautiful bottle, Elizabeth. Very dainty. I like the earrings too. Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Rosemary and Thyme said...

This is just beautiful. I love your fin. What an amazing beauty.

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com