Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cotton Candy ~ Vintage Chic

















Vintage Hats

  I LOVE vintage hats from the 1940's and 50's.  
I have a large collection and thought I would share a few of my fav's.  
The tulle hat in the first set of photos reminds me of "cotton candy"!  Lots of pink fluffy swirls....  covered with delicate pink netting and little pink velvet bows.  
The second hat is also made of tulle.  Layers and layers of pink tulle ruffles.   Pink tulle ruffles!!!!  What more could a girl ask for!
The third hat is the oldest.  It's just gorgeous!  Lots of pink organdy pleats, a pink & green velvet band with a bow and white roses.  Divine!
I just love them!

6 comments:

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Thank you for sharing your collection! That last hat is indeed beautiful! Love it!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely stunning! I couldn't pick a favorite because they are all lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings to you,
Stephanie

Nanna said...

she's so serious looking! lol! beautiful details on the hats!
Helen

Createology said...

Your vintage hats are wonderful and ever so chic. Always proper to have a hat.

20 North Ora said...

Elizabeth - I love your pink cotton candy hat on your dress form. Am coming over from the Polka Dot Closet.

Judy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG, that is the most gorgeous hat I have ever seen!! Your girls are having so much fun at the ball, and they are sooo well behaved! Thank you so much for letting them attend!!

Carol