Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shabby Chic on a Thrift Store Budget ~ Pink Saturday













 Thrift Store Pillows

I LOVE pretty pillows!  
When it comes to decorating with pillows....  more is always more.
Last week I picked up some awesome vintage pillows for next to nothing!  Needless to say.....  I was tickled PINK!!
I found two lovely satin pin wheel pillows for $1.49 each!  One is a very soft pink and the other a brighter pink (the pictures make it look a lot brighter than it is).  They are in perfect condition.  Very plump with no stains or snags.  I love them!
I found the pretty rose pillow with the ribbon work the same day at another thrift store for $3.
I love the "Good Luck" pillow!  It is one of my fav's.  I traded for it so, it cost $0.  I love the hand embroidery and the lace around the edge.  And.....  who doesn't need a little good luck!!
All the other pillows (except the round Rachel Ashwell pillow)......  I made myself.  They are all reversible and can be mixed and matched for several different looks.  I used all vintage fabrics, pink ticking and vintage cross stitch pieces.  
The square "roses" pillow I made by hot gluing silk roses to a plain pink satin pillow.

Hope all you lovelies are having a very 

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

These pillows are beautiful! I especially like the first one. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Heirloom treasures said...

Lovely,I think my favourite is the rose one you made. Can't have too many cushions or pillows. They make a home so comfy. xx

Rhissanna said...

Wow! These are all so sweet and I have to agree, the rose pillow is just amazing. They'd look glorious piled up on a daybed.

Effie said...

Love the pleated 60s pillows. Just picked up a green one over the summer. There are a few patterns for them available on Etsy and I hope to buy one when I can splurge a little again.

LV said...

Very pretty pillows, and they look nice the way you are using them.

NanaDiana said...

Hi! I am finally back from my blogging break. I love the pillows. They are all just beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Sunday- xo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OH, I remember and love those pinwheel pillows...I wonder how they were made, I know we had one when we were kids...Thanks for sharing and your oh so kind comment!

Carol

lvroftiques said...

Such beautiful pillows! And unbelievable prices on those satin round beauties! You scored!*winks* Vanna