Friday, June 21, 2013

Prairie Farmhouse Style









Prairie Farmhouse Style

I love the new Prairie Farmhouse style.  
A cross between country and shabby chic.  Simple but charming.  
I needed new kitchen towels and couldn't find anything I liked.  I wanted to be able to display them and use them every day.
I found simple towels with a vintage French feel and added white cotton ruffles.  
I wanted to alter them but retain the "vintage" look.  The cotton ruffles are hand torn and left un-hemmed.  I love the "raw" edges.
I made several sets.  Some for myself and some to sell.  They are available for purchase in my Etsy shop.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
Elizabeth
   
Linking with
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
The Farmhouse Porch for Welcome to the Scoop Link Party
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Fridays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!
Nifty Thrifty Things for Nifty Thrifty Sunday

6 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

They are lovely Elizabeth. Nice to have lovely tea towels,even to use. I had been given some nice ones as a Christmas present and didn't want to use them to spoil them. Then I thought hey,what am I thinking,just use them and enjoy,so I do. :)

Jeannie Marie said...

There is nothing like beautiful tea towels. Thank you for sharing yours! Happy Pink Saturday!

Angela said...

Your tea towels look great!
I like the look of raw edges and I love the colour of the towels.
Hugs,
Angela.

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Elizabeth, I think your idea for these towels are so neat!!
It seems a bit country with a vintage edge. You are so smart!!
You have such good taste!
Blessings, Roxy

An Oasis in the Desert said...

These are so adorable, and I'm lovin' the colors!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I think they are lovely Elizabeth.
Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.