Friday, May 3, 2013

Mother Nature ~ Snow in May?
















Snow in May????
I can't believe the weather we are having.  
Air conditioner to heater!
Mother Nature is having hot flashes.  She can't make up her mind!
I worked outside all weekend.  Sunday afternoon I was sweating bullets.....  almost 90 degrees.
I cleaned out the flower beds....  pulling weeds, amending the soil and adding mulch.  For a couple of days it looked so pretty.  
Just a few days later....  freezing rain!!  And today......  SNOW!!  Up to 8"!  It's never snowed here in May..... at least not that I remember and I've lived here all my life.
My poor Rose bushes!  The blooms are wilted and covered with snow.  I hope there isn't to much damage to my gardens.
There is a silver lining..... we have recovered some from the drought we had last summer.  

Stay warm (or cool)! and have a wonderful weekend!
Elizabeth

Linking with
Tracie @ Fishtail Cottage
for
Cottage Garden Party!
and
The Rose Garden for Saturday Show Off

5 comments:

rosenrot said...

Dear Elizabeth,
yes your are right, this year the weather is not normal!
Here, I'm living in Germany near at Cologne, we need rain. Since weeks no rain falls!!!
I hope the best for your roses :)
Have a nice weekend
Marlies

Alessandra said...

Your garden is very beautiful. The weather is incredible...cold and hot!
Kisses
Alessandra

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Elizabeth, Your garden looks nice. Snow in May is definitely crazy! Nice weather will be to stay before we know it and then we'll be wishing for cooler weather. Have a great weekend.
Gina

Fishtail Cottage said...

hey there sweetie! the snow part is crazy, but everything looks so beautiful! maybe a visit here to the NW is in order? hope all is well w/you and so glad you shared this post over here at the garden party! I look forward to seeing another (hopefully w/sunshine) this upcoming week! xoxo, tracie

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I loved seeing your gardens growing! It is crazy that you had snow so late. We have, too. We are so behind this year compared to earlier years, my trees haven't even flowered yet and they are usually done by now. It is fun to finally be digging in the gardens again.

~Shanon