Saturday, January 28, 2012

Living Room Make ~ Over







Living Room Make - Over

We're having a very warm and sunny Winter this year (so far).  Almost "Spring" like.  I usually don't get in the mood for Spring cleaning and freshening up until at least March.  It's usually cloudy, very cold and snowy right now.  I've taken advantage of our good fortune.  I decided to re-do the living room.  Re-paint and have my husband customize some things.  He is amazing!  He can build anything!  And believe me.....  I keep him busy.  He built the book shelf "built-ins" from scratch.  Aren't they awesome!  He replaced all the trim around the windows and doors.  He layered trim pieces to make them look larger and more expensive.  He builds it and I paint it.    
He took an old brown frame I had in the basement and made it into a shelf.  I painted it a creamy cottage white and it's fabulous!  I found the antique floor lamp at the flea market for $12.  It has the cutest pink and yellow porcelain roses on the stem.  It didn't work or have a shade.  My hubby re-wired it and I made a shabby chic shade for it.  I may paint it white... but, for now it looks great.

I'm not done yet......  I'm making new pillows for the sofas and revamping an old trunk for a coffee table.  I will post more pic's in the next couple of days.

I love it so far. 

5 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Can't wait to see your living room makeover when it is all finished!... I have a bad case of Spring fever too... this morning, it was 9 degrees with a wind chill making it -5... brrr!... beautiful flowers on your sidebar... hmmm... I recognize one... xoxo Julie Marie

NanaDiana said...

Oh- it is looking so nice. Your hubby is very talented. My hubby? Not so much and he grew up in the lumberyard business and can't build a thing! lol Those bookcases are awesome and the trim really makes them! xo Diana

Unknown said...

oh my..simply gorgeous! you two make a great team! it all looks soooooooo lovely! can't wait to see more!

Victoria said...

What a beautiful bright and sunny room that is, walking in there must make you smile!!! Your hubby is so talented, my FIL is like that...he can build anything!

So lovely Elizabeth, thank you for sharing:)

Heirloom treasures said...

I'm not surprised that you love it, it's gorgeous and so good to have a built in handyman.
xx jeanetteann